Tuesday 12 January 2016

New Products for 2016 :)

A much delayed start to blogging life - but not much delay in crafting!  It didn't take long after the festive season before I was desperate to get the tweed and yarn out again :)  Holidays are all very nice but they do get in the way of my crafting - ssssshhhhhh, don't tell the family I said that :) :)

Here's a clutch/evening bag I'd made before the festivities which I finally got round to listing in the shop at the weekend.  It's lightly padded so would be prefect for carrying any valuables: cosmetics, phone, jewelery, etc.  I had some fun with my vintage buttons and some doily lace . . .


I love this simple herringbone tweed - such a nice backdrop for some quirky vintage embellishments!

A closer image . . . .


I used one of my Japanese designer cotton fabrics for a contrast inner lining . . .


I think it has images of vintage stamps - I'd have to go and have another look!, but I liked the colours against the rich Harris Tweed.  Something a little different anyway - it measures approx 9 inches x 5.5 inches.  It's available to purchase in the shop, for immediate despatch :)

On the 'yarn' front I started to play around with some ideas for knitted i-Phone 6 sleeves.  Having achieved the right sizing for my 'tweedie' versions, I couldn't resist having a go at a 'fair-isle' knitted version.  I used some acrylic yarn as I have a nice selection of colours available.  I was quite pleased with the result!

The woven texture of fair isle knitting gives the fabric a bit of extra density without adding bulk - perfect padding for your i Phone!  Very labour intensive to make but so enjoyable too - I like the contrast of using this traditional knitting technique for a very modern use!  Who says a phone can't have its own fair isle sweater, hehe :) . . .

I added this first one to the shop with the intention of making more of these - so many possibilities! . . .


Slimline styling, but very cosy! . . .


. . . and of course a cute vintage button to add a little interest!


Made to order versions of this particular style may be on the cards as I think it would be lovely in different colour combinations.  I'll keep you updated through my blog!  This one's available now :)

Cheerio an Drasda - it's back to crafting as usual, hurray!
Alison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment